25 June 2013

Day Out with Thomas



Its been a while since my last post, but please forgive me. I've been extremely busy, won't let it happen again (xoxo).

Ok so down to business! Croix and I went to Day Out With Thomas Event and it was fantastic. There were soooo many things for him to do. It was held at the Baltimore Railroad Museum. It was really neat! They had tons of old trains and displays, you could go inside of a few of them and read there stories. Really Really cool! The entire event was very engaging. When you first walk in you see an actual Thomas train engine at the platform waiting to take parents on rides with there kids. Croix's eyes lighted up when he say Thomas "Mommy! Choo-Choo Thomas" as he pointed.





We played with blocks, we colored, we played on train tables, we ran....well Croix ran and I was forced to run after him, lol. There was a nice gift shop FULL of Thomas the Train items. I had to practice self control in the shop so I had to make a quick exit. There was a petting zoo, story time, mini train rides, a train slide that Croix never wanted to leave, lol. We literally hit every activity they had. I was so tired.



 


Our train ride was scheduled to depart at 2:30pm so we headed to stand and the wait wasn't bad at all. We got on the train fairly quickly. The conductors were dressed in the old uniforms and the carts were decorated with streamers. Croix and I were both excited about sitting down considering we were walking and running everywhere. When he pulled off from the platform Croix was really excited. He sat in my lap and looked out the window the entire time pointing and asking questions that I try to translate to myself, HAHA! When the train ride was over the conductor gave all the kids Jr. Engineer Certificates (so cute!). When we got off Croix got a chance to take a photo with Thomas.





 
I was hoping for more of a smirk smile or something, but by this time he was tired and almost fell asleep on the way back to the station, lol.




Our Thomas Fun Day was a huge success! When we got back to the car Croix fell out sleep within 2 minutes. My little guy was tired. I couldn't wait to get home and start brainstorming for his Thomas The Train themed birthday party. YAAAY My baby will be 2. Can't believe it! Time flies when your having fun with Croix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment